North East Emergency Distribution Services (NEEDS) is a nonprofit corporation in the State of Ohio and a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
To be a vibrant, compassionate, faith-based coalition sharing resources with the local communities.
North East Emergency Distribution Services (NEEDS) is a cooperative group of concerned community churches and civic organizations. It is our mission to do God’s work of caring for our neighbors by providing basic emergency assistance.
NEEDS is a coalition of 25 area churches and civic organizations. The concept for what is now NEEDS began in the early 1980s as a clothes and toy swap in the garage of long-time Blue Ash Presbyterian Church member, Mary Sue Dickmann. As Director of First Step Nursery School, Mary Sue recognized that there were many children in our community whose basic needs could not be met by their families. Unwilling to look the other way, Mary Sue approached her pastor, Don Leckrone. Together, Don and Mary Sue worked with other pastors in the area to rally their churches. On September 30, 1982 NEEDS was formed as a nonprofit corporation in Ohio and received IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status in 1983. Since then, NEEDS has been through many changes in terms of how it operates, but the mission remains the same.
During 2018 NEEDS
- – served 681 families with food.
- – kept 44 families in housing by assisting with rent payments.
- – assisted 99 families with utility payments.
- Food pantry open on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Financial assistance for rent and utilities
- School Supplies given to 16 area schools in northeast Cincinnati
- Hat and Mitten Drive: Hats, gloves, mittens, and socks are distributed to schools within the NEEDS service area in January