North East Emergency Distribution Services (NEEDS) is a nonprofit corporation in the State of Ohio and a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. NEEDS is an equal opportunity provider.
To be a vibrant, compassionate, faith-based coalition sharing resources with the local communities.
North East Emergency Distribution Services (NEEDS) is a cooperative group of concerned community churches and civic organizations. It is our mission to do God’s work of caring for our neighbors by providing basic emergency assistance.
NEEDS is a coalition of 25 area churches and civic organizations. The concept for what is now NEEDS began in the early 1980s as a clothes and toy swap in the garage of long-time Blue Ash Presbyterian Church member, Mary Sue Dickmann. As Director of First Step Nursery School, Mary Sue recognized that there were many children in our community whose basic needs could not be met by their families. Unwilling to look the other way, Mary Sue approached her pastor, Don Leckrone. Together, Don and Mary Sue worked with other pastors in the area to rally their churches. On September 30, 1982 NEEDS was formed as a nonprofit corporation in Ohio and received IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status in 1983. Since then, NEEDS has been through many changes in terms of how it operates, but the mission remains the same.
During 2022, NEEDS served:
- 1,430 families (4,869 individuals) with food
- 90 families with housing financial assistance totaling $41,015
- 68 families with utilities financial assistance totaling $23,081
- Food pantry open on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Financial assistance for rent and utilities. Please bring a disconnection or eviction notice and identification (Drivers License) during our open hours Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
- School Supplies given to 16 area schools in northeast Cincinnati